All applicants are entitle for Aalborg University Scholarships The Aalborg University invites applications for a 3-year PhD scholarship within the field of sociology of emotions. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The overall purpose of the Doctoral School of Social Sciences is to ensure a doctoral study programme of high quality within the academic areas of research and education at The Faculty of Social Sciences, Aalborg University.
Aalborg University is a Danish university located mainly in Aalborg, Denmark with campuses in Aalborg, Esbjerg, and Copenhagen.
A good proficiency in English is required in order to publish and present research results at international academic journals and conferences and to prepare the PhD-thesis in English.
- Applications deadline: December 13, 2017
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Ph.D. programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Sociology.
- Scholarship Award: Appointment and salary in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities No 242 of 13 March 2012 and The Ministry of Higher Education and Science Circular concerning the job structure for academic staff at universities of 19 August 2015. Salary will be in accordance with the agreements in force.
- Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: The PhD scholarship has a duration of three years. Applicants to the PhD scholarship must hold a degree equivalent to a Danish Master’s degree. Applicants enrolled in a Danish Master programme who expect to graduate before the date of appointment must forward a copy of their thesis contract and documentation for the date of their final exam.
English Language Requirements: Foreign applicants must forward verified IELTS test (International English Language Testing System). Exempted are applicants with a Master Degree from Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia and Canada
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
- Letter of motivation
- Project proposal (approx. 5 pages) containing the research project title, an outline of the course of study and a description of the overall problem areas
- Information on which language the PhD thesis is expected to be written in
- Curriculum vitae
- Diplomas confirming academic degrees (Master degree), including academic transcripts
- Foreign applicants must forward verified IELTS test (International English Language Testing System). Exempted are applicants with at Master Degree from Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia and Canada
- If Co-author statement. If publications that have been written in cooperation with others are submitted, a declaration from each of the authors must be enclosed. The declaration must state the extent of the applicant’s contribution to the total work and be signed by the authors.
- Application for credit transfer, if relevant.
The complete application including attachments shall be sent electronically by selecting the “apply online” function. Please note that zipped files are not supported by the recruitment system; please upload only Word or PDF files.