Bowen University Current Vacancy 2017-How To Apply
Bowen University Current Vacancy 2017
Application are invited for Bowen University Current Vacancy Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State Vacancy for the post of Vice Chancellor. Notice is hereby given to the Nigerian and global academic community that the post of Vice-Chancellor of Bowen University shall become vacant on August 1, 2018. In accordance with the relevant provisions of the University Charter, Bowen University Governing Council hereby wishes to commence the process of filling the vacancy.
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive and Academic Officer as well as the Chief Accounting Officer of the University. He/she exercises general supervision and control as well as provides strategic direction and leadership in the affairs of the University “in accordance with the Baptist tradition of ethical behaviour, social responsibility and democratic ethos.”
- The Vice-Chancellor is a member of the Executive Committee of the Nigerian Baptist Convention and the University Governing Council as well as all statutory Committees of Council. In addition, he/she chairs the Senate and other principal bodies of the University, and, except as otherwise provided by the statute, nominates other representatives to chair other Committees.
- The Vice-Chancellor plays a vital role in securing and growing the financial base of the University. All powers relating to proper maintenance and discipline of students is vested in him/her. He/she works with various bodies and authorities within the University to pursue the vision, mission and philosophy of the University.
The successful candidate must:
- Be a Christian, preferably of Baptist denomination, of high moral standard and integrity;
- Have been a professor for not less than ten (10) years, with an unbroken service within the university system during this period;
- Be between the ages of 45 and 60;
- Be a dynamic, distinguished and internationally renowned scholar who demonstrates academic excellence in terms of quality publications, teaching, credible community service and proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT);
- Be a man/woman of courage and unassailable transparent honesty, who can take decision on the merit of facts, equity and patriotism with the fear of God, and not on the basis of parochial interest or primordial pressures;
- Possess a successful track record of visionary leadership, innovative managerial accomplishments and highly developed entrepreneurial skills;
- Possess the ability to strengthen relationships among students, staff and other members of the University Community and the general populace;
- Have a feasible plan for the development of the University, in tandem with the laid down vision of the University;
- Possess the drive and ability to attract funds and strengthen linkages with other institutions, national and international;
- Be in excellent physical and mental health; and
- Satisfy other basic requirements for appointment as approved by the Governing Council of the University.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only. Bowen University runs an attractive performance-based remuneration package.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office on such terms and conditions as may be specified in his/her instrument of appointment.
Application Closing Date
16th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications, Curriculum Vitae and all other necessary credentials as attachment in PDF or MS word format to: email@example.com
The following format should be used for preparation of curriculum vitae:
- Full name with surname capitalized
- Date of birth, town and state of origin
- Religion and denomination
- Current postal address (including GSM number and email address)
- Permanent home town address
- Marital status
- Names and ages of children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications (degrees with classes-copies of certificates to be enclosed)
- Teaching, research, administrative and managerial experience
- Academic distinction
- Membership of academic and professional bodies
- Scholarly publications (to be propely cited)
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees. Referees should be contacted by each candidate to submit signed electronic copies of confidential report in PDF format to the same email address stated above, attesting to the candidate’s academic and managerial abilities as well as his/her moral character and uprightness.
- The application should also include candidate’s Statement of Vision for the University for the next five years in not more than 1000 words. In the case of candidates identified by the Search Committee, he/she shall conform to the above-stated requirements and in addition present a Letter of Consent duly signed by him/her along with the application.
Candidates are also requested to submit five (5) hard copies of their applications, curriculum vitae and necessary credentials under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked “Post of Vice Chancellor, Bowen University, Iwo to:
Iwo – Osun State,
Pleas Feel Free To Ask Questions And Share With Friends.
Hot School News Wish You Success!!!