JAMB Change of Course and Institution Procedure | Course Institution Procedure 2018 Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB change of Institution/Course has commenced. Everything you need to know about the process is available More Details Below;
This is to inform all the candidates who made mistakes while filling their forms during the 2018 UTME Registration that they can now make corrections for their Choices of Institution/Course.
WHY CANDIDATES APPLY FOR JAMB CHANGE OF COURSE/INSTITUTION
There are obviously three good reasons why a candidate may need to change his/her jamb choice of course or institution or both: and don’t also forget to check your Departmental Cut-off Marks
LOW JAMB SCORE: After the release of Jamb results, the next thing to face is admission screening exercise and admissions. Now take for instance that someone applied for a federal university of technology, Minna who will probably fix a cut-off mark of 200 and above; if such candidate scored less than 200, it simply means he/she has lost the admission. In this case, the change of institution to a state-owned/private University becomes necessary. State universities generally fix cut-off marks below 200.
INCOMPLETE O” LEVEL RESULTS: In this case candidates who may have run into a deficiency of required credit passes in some key/relevant subjects may decide to go for a change of course to accommodate themselves.
MISTAKES DURING REGISTRATION: Was there a mistake while filling your registration by either you or the business/cyber cafe? With this help, you can now correct any errors made during registration of your course or institution.
OTHER CHALLENGE: These includes several factors ranging from finance, change in Geographical locations, Parent’s suggestions, Fear of Tribal differences, etc. Such cases treated under this heading result to change of institution.
N/B: Change of course and institution can only be done once and you can only change to a course relating to your UTME Subject combination. To know if the course you want to change to aligns with your UTME subject combination, visit our online JAMB brochure by Clicking Here
All JAMB candidates who made mistakes while filling the form online are to note that they can now make corrections for the following categories:
- Correction of Name
- State/LGA of Origin
- Choices of Institution/Courses and
- Date Of Birth
NB: Changes for Course/Institution, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin are N2,500 (two thousand five hundred naira only).
INSTRUCTION: CHANGE OF COURSE/INSTITUTION
1. You shall be required to create a profile via the Sign Up (New User) Page if you are a new user. For existing users, simply type in your login details. To create your profile, you will provide your valid email address, surname, first name, Mobile No, State and LGA of Origin and password, then click on the Sign-Up button. Each candidate is entitled to only one profile.
2. Subsequently, you shall use your email address and password to sign in.
3. Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
4. Select “Correction of Data”. This is available on the sidebar or on the Home page
5. Once selected, the menu item “Course/Institution” will be revealed. Click this.
6. Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
7. Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is used for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
8. Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
9. On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
10. The status of your payment will be displayed in the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
11. Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
a. Year of Exam and
b. JAMB Registration Number
12. After entering the information correctly, new options for Preferred course/Institution and second choices will appear. Options available will be based on availability.
13. Click Submit to complete your application.
14. JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
The window for correction UTME subjects combination is currently available.
You can effect the change of course/institution from your mobile phone/home/ CBT Centres.
Closing Date: Not yet available
We Appreciate your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about Course Institution Procedure, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.
Meanwhile, do not forget Hot School News will be there for you all through the journey. So ensure you visit regularly for updates regarding the 2018/2019 Admission exercise.
Share this information with your friends. Also feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this Page Don’t forget to like us on Facebook Page