FUNAAB Postgraduate Admission Form | The management of The University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) postgraduate programmes admission application Form, for the 2018/2019 academic session. ,check courses entry requirements and how to apply online.
The University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) FUNAAB Postgraduate Form Current list of available postgraduate programmes/courses by the National University Commission (NUC). Interested members of the public are hereby implored to check the list. Entry requirements has also been included See: FUNAAB Post UTME/Direct Entry Admission Form,
The University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) Postgraduate Courses / Programms available for admission. These are the FUNAAB) PGD, Master and PhD courses prospective PG students can choose from during their application.
Prospective candidates who seek admission into Postgraduate Programmes at University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), are expected to check the list of courses available. They are to confirm that the course they seek is available for admission for the session.
Pleas Note! Currently, Postgraduate Admission Exercise for 2018 is yet to commence. Will you like to know immediately the form is out? Bookmark this page and Keep Checking Back.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates seeking admission to the following Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters and Doctor of Philosophy Degree programmes at the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria.
- To be eligible for admission to the Postgraduate Diploma Programme, candidates must be first degree holders in a relevant discipline from any recognized University. In general, all applicants must satisfy basic UTME requirements for Bachelor’s degree. Holders of HND with Upper Credit and above could also apply.
- Candidates for Master’s Degree Programme must be graduates of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta or any other University recognized by the Senate and shall normally have obtained a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) degree in relevant field. However, candidates with Second Class Lower Degree in relevant field may be considered.
- Candidates for Masters of Information and Communication Technology (MICT) programme should possess HND plus a Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science or B.Sc. Physical Sciences/Engineering and Allied Disciplines. Prior computing or IT exposure is beneficial but not essential.
- Candidates for admission to Masters and Ph.D programmes in Communication Studies shall possess University degrees in Arts, Science, Applied Science, Social Science and Education or other related disciplinesTo be eligible for admission to the MBA (AgriBusiness) and Professional Master in Communication Studies degree programmes, candidates must be holders of Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or HND (Upper Credit minimum) with a Postgraduate Diploma in any discipline.
- Candidates with Postgraduate Diploma in Communication studies with a minimum cumulative average of 55% may be considered for Postgraduate Master’s in Communication Studies. In addition, possession of relevant professional qualification and/or experience will be an advantage.
- A credit pass in O’-Level Mathematics is not compulsory for admission into PMCS programme which is strictly part-time (Friday and Saturday) programme. The duration of the programme is a minimum of 4 semesters.
- Masters of Environment Management (MEM) is a three-semester professional programme designed for captains of industries who are degree holders or HND holders with distinction/credit pass plus PGD in relevant fields who have also satisfied all basic UTME requirements while Masters of Environment Management and Protection (MEMP) is an academic Master’s Degree that runs for a minimum of four (4) semesters.
- The requirement for M. Agric applicants in the Department of Agricultural Economics and Farm Management is B. Agric (Agric Economics) with Second Class Upper.
- Other disciplines will be admitted to M.Sc. (Professional) with the prospect of conversion to M.Agric on attaining a minimum weighted average score of 60% after the first year.
- Masters of Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc) and Master of Science (M.Sc) courses are open to: (i) M.V.Sc – Master of Veterinary Science is open to Graduates of Veterinary Medicine of FUNAAB and other University recognized by Senate. Any other qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a DVM by the Senate.
- Candidates must satisfy any other requirements as specified by the postgraduate school of FUNAAB. (ii) M.Sc: – The Master of Science degree is open to Graduates of Biological Sciences of FUNAAB other institutions recognized by Senate. Fellows of the Nigerian Institute of Medical Laboratory Technology or its equivalent may also be considered.
- andidates must satisfy any other requirements as specified by the Postgraduate School of FUNAAB.
- For Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree programme, a student must have obtained Master’s degree from the College of Veterinary Medicine of FUNAAB or other University recognized by Senate and other qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a Master’s degree by the Senate.
- The duration of study for the Master’s programme shall be a minimum of 4 semesters and maximum of 8 semesters for full time candidates; while part time studies shall be for a minimum of 6 semesters and maximum of 10 semesters.
- Part-time students must finish all course works within the first four semesters of their registration.
- To be eligible for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy degree programme, candidates must have obtained a Master’s degree from FUNAAB or its equivalent from any other University recognized by Senate.
- Holders of one year Master’s Degree are expected to undergo a conversion examination after the first session before proceeding to a Ph.D programme.
- Candidates for academic Masters and Ph.D programmes shall be required to submit a research proposal along with their application forms, and may be required to interact (in oral or written form) with their respective Departments before admission.
Ph.D (Doctor of Philosophy) Degree/Programme
Full Time (FT) – 6 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 10 Semesters
Part Time (PT – 8 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 12 Semesters
Full Time (FT) – 4 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 8 Semesters Part Time (PT) – 8 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 12 Semesters
Professional Masters Programmes
Full Time (FT) – 3 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 6 Semesters
Part Time (PT) – 4 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 8 Semesters
Full Time FT) – 2 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 4 Semesters Part Time (PT) – 4 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 8 Semesters
Applicants should visit the PG Application portal (pg.funaab.edu.ng or pgschool.unaab.edu.ng) to commence the process of application. Application cost is Fifteen Thousand Five Hundred and Sixty Naira (N15, 560:00) only exclusive of Bank Charges.
Closing date for online Submission of Application for Masters and PGD programmes is Friday, Jan 26, 2018. Application for Ph.D is open all year round. Successful applicants will be contacted by e-mail or telephone.
Bola Adekola, Ph.D., FCIDA, FCIA
For available courses, check the attached pdf document below.
We Appreciate your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about Postgraduate Degrees, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Check How To Gain Admission Into Nigerian Institution & The Roles of National Universities Commission (NUC)
Meanwhile, do not forget Hot School News will be there for you all through the journey. So ensure you visit regularly for updates regarding the Admission exercise. See: Universities To Study Postgraduate Degrees Programmes in Nigeria
Share this information with your friends. Also feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this Page Don’t forget to like us on Facebook Page