Schneider Electric Job Vacancy for Applications Engineer
Schneider Electric Job Vacancy | Schneider Electric – As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software. Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy, while using less of the common planet.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Applications Engineer
- System specification, design, implementation, configuration for Schneider Electric product and 3rd party supply.
- System testing and conducting Client witness testing, 3rd Party equipment acceptance testing.
- Selection and integration of Schneider Electric and third party purchased equipment.
- Define and configure sequential, continuous and ladder logic from client P&IDs and technical descriptions.
- Prepare electronic and mechanical designs to protect and power automation systems.
- Define the system network, calculate processor, memory loading and other engineering calculations.
- Design field loop circuits and specify hardware components.
- Ensure technical compliance to customers’ specification relating to assigned areas of work.
- To be aware of the development of existing and new Schneider Electric hardware and software products.
- Ensure technical information is communicated to all relevant parties as appropriate. Attend and document meetings as appropriate.
- Provide support functions not directly related to the execution of sales order projects:
- Provide technical support to sales staff, including pre-order discussions with prospective clients.
- Provide technical support to Customer Services, including support to Field Service and Customer Training.
- Provide technical support to Proposal
- Site visits (home & abroad) for meetings, survey, installation and commissioning activities
- Assist when necessary in the development or upgrading of internal engineering/department procedures.
- To comply with Health and Safety guidelines and work in accordance with Company/Department Quality procedures.
- Ensure that the correct project procedures are followed and that QA requirements are fully satisfied on assigned areas of work.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as required.
- Graduate Engineers will be expected to undertake project responsibilities and be responsible for packages of work, they will work under the guidance of more senior department engineers and may be expected to take responsibility for scopes of work.
- HND or equivalent level in an engineering discipline – preferably Electronic, Electrical, Control or Software. Good command of the English language, both verbally and written.
- Position requires a reliable, self-motivated, articulate individual.
- Able to communicate internally and externally with the potential to develop into a well rounded project team player.
- Flexible approach to work/life balance and prepared to travel and work remotely.
- Career focused, display ownership and prepared to accept challenge and responsibility.
- Capable of logical and original thought with the ability to react appropriately under stress and delegate effectively.
- B.Eng Degree in Electronic/Control Engineering. Commercial and business training. Schneider Electric or other manufacturers product training.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to problem solve and think adaptively, able to react to changing requirements Experience of team working, possessing the necessary communication skills to influence and get results Awareness of automation control systems technologies.
- Computer literate.
- Industry experience gained through gap / year-in-industry or intern Experience/knowledge of automated control systems.
- Knowledge of software design methods and systems design and software languages at high and medium level.
- Knowledge of electrical circuit design and basics of electrical design theory.
- Knowledge of project management and planning techniques.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online