Scholarships Awards in DAAD Study | This is to inform all Foreign Graduates that application is now open to all foreign students who want to apply for the DAAD Study 2018 in the Fields of communication and film scroll down for more detail on how to apply for the 2019 check
Scholarship Description: DAAD is offering Study Scholarships for Foreign Graduates in the Fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication and Film. This scholarship is available for foreign students.
Scholarship Provider: The DAAD supports over 100,000 German and international students und researchers around the globe each year – making it the world’s largest funding organisation of its kind. We also promote internationalisation efforts at German universities, help developing countries build their own systems of higher education, and support German Studies and German language programmes abroad. Our Artists-in-Berlin Program is one of the most renowned international scholarship programmes for artists.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the Fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication and Film.
Scholarship Benefits: Value:
- A monthly payment of 850 euros
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- One-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
- To enable scholarship holders to learn German in preparation for their stay in the country, DAAD offers the following services:
- Payment of course fees for the online language course “Deutsch-Uni Online (DUO)” (www.deutsch-uni.com) for six months after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter
- if necessary: Language course (2, 4 or 6 months) before the start of the study visit; the DAAD decides whether to fund participation and for how long depending on German language skills and project. Participation in a language course is compulsory if the language of instruction or working language is German at the German host institution.
- Allowance for a personally chosen German language course during the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of the fees for the TestDaF test which has either been taken in the home country after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter or in Germany before the end of the funding period
- As an alternative to the TestDaF for scholarship holders who have taken a language course beforehand: the fee for a DSH examination taken during the scholarship period may be reimbursed.
Eligible Nationalities: This scholarship is available for foreign students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Foreign applicants who have gained a first university degree in the fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication and Film at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study programme.
In this study programme, you can complete
- A Master’s degree/postgraduate degree leading to a final qualification, or
- A complementary course that does not lead to a final qualification at a state or state-recognised German university of your choice (not an undergraduate course).
This programme only funds projects in the artistic and creative area. Other DAAD scholarship programmes are available for applicants from the field of History of Art or Art Studies or for artists with a scientific project.
Application Procedure: The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal. You are also required to send additional documents by post to the specified application address.
Please note that the access to the application portal only appears while the current application period is running. After the application deadline has expired, the portal for this programme is not available until the next application period.
The access to the DAAD portal generally opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline at the latest.
Certificates, proof of credits, certifications and translations may be scanned in non-certified form and uploaded to the DAAD portal. DAAD’s Head Office in Bonn will only request certified copies of the submitted documents in paper form if a grant is awarded!
1. Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form
- Statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation; 1 – 3 pages)
Master’s degree/postgraduate study programme leading to a final qualification:
- Form “Information about your preferred master programmes”
- If available: Letter of acceptance from the host university.
If you do not have a letter of acceptance at the time of application, you must apply to the university for this in good time and subsequently submit the confirmation letter before the scholarship-supported study programme begins. Please note that you yourself are responsible for ensuring that you apply for admission at the host university by the due date and that a Scholarship Award Letter from the DAAD only becomes valid if you are admitted to your chosen host university.
Complementary studies not leading to a final qualification:
- Confirmation of supervision from a German university teacher
Also for all applicants:
- University degree certificate indicating final grade(s): the certificate must be subsequently submitted before the scholarship-supported study programme begins if studies have not been completed at the time of application.
- Proof of German language proficiency according to the European Framework of References for Languages or the Test-DaF for study programmes in German.
- Proof of English language proficiency according to the requirements of the chosen study programme in English (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS).
- The language certificate should be no more than two years old.
- A list of all work that has been cited as samples (see daad.de/extrainfo) with detailed information (size, date of creation, place, etc.)
- A declaration that the works of art have been produced or created by the applicant or the names of those persons involved in producing collaborative pieces of work. In the case of collaborative work or projects, the applicant’s own contribution must be marked as such or appropriately described.
Please do not upload any work samples and/or portfolios to the DAAD portal!
Deadline: November 30, 2018
See: How To Secure Post Graduate Admissions Abroad. We Appreciate your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about what you want, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. See SEE: How to Study Online University in Nigeria
See Also: How To Prepare For Student Scholarship Examination & How to Get Canadian Scholarships For Nigerian Students also Check: Study Abroad Agencies in Nigeria And Their Contacts and How to Secure Post Graduate Admissions Abroad
Check Current List of Online Courses in Nigeria Meanwhile, do not forget Hot School News will be there for you all through the journey. So ensure you visit regularly for updates regarding the Visa Lottery Application.
Share this information with your friends. Also feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this Page Don’t forget to like us on Facebook Page