(UNICEF) Vacancy for Polio Data Manager | United Nations Children’s Fund
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Polio Data Manager, P-4, (364 days)
Purpose of the Position
- Under the supervision of the Chief of C4D and Polio, the incumbent is responsible for leading and coordinating the formulation, planning, design, and implementation of the monitoring, evaluation and research plan of the polio communication programme and providing leadership within the Polio Emergency Operations Centre Situation Analysis Group.
- The Data Manager will work closely with the Emergency Operations Centre Communication Group and Situation Analysis Working Groups, UNICEF C4D/Polio Section and Immunization Teams to strengthen areas related to immunization and social data utilization and application with the aim to eradicate polio in Nigeria and strengthen routine immunization.
Key Expected Results
- Leadership in the preparation of the Polio Communication situation analysis by compiling data, analyzing and evaluating information, and writing chapters of the analysis. Maintains data bank of social indicators which are relevant to the polio communication programme.
- Coordinates the preparation of the polio data compilation, monitoring, evaluation and research plan. Responsible for leading the integration of polio activities within the Country Programme Recommendation (CPR) and all related documents.
- Manages databases, well-designed data collection methodologies and research protocol for polio program (Sentinel Site Survey, rapid assessments, KAP (Knowledge, Attitude and Practice), polling, etc.). Participates in the development and introduction of new approaches and methods in project monitoring and evaluation and data analysis. Serves as a focal point for the introduction of the new M&E Software, including Evaluation Study Summary Sheet and Programme Review Sheet. Organizes and conducts necessary training in this regard.
- Under the direction of the Chief of Communication for Development (C4D)/Polio, support the development of presentations and analysis of data sets for the Communication component of the Emergency Relief Coordinator (ERC) and Independent Monitoring Board reviews.
- Analyzes and evaluates data to ensure achievement of objectives and recommends corrective action, when necessary, to meet programme/project objectives. Provides technical advice to programme staff, Emergency Operation Centre Situation Analysis Working Group, government officials and other counterparts and coordinates and manages the data-related and evaluative elements of polio communication programme milestone meetings, Expert Review Committee meetings, grant reviews, mid-term reviews, strategy meetings, previews and reviews and annual reviews.
- Enhance data collection and analysis for sentinel sites in communities identified in high risk areas where communication activities can be more closely monitored and then from which data can be gathered over the course of several In-Patient Department (IPDs). The data will be analyzed and correlated with communication interventions to demonstrate trends in immunization that can be linked to the social activities.
- Leads the preparation of the monitoring and evaluation documents within the polio communication section. In close collaboration with the Communications specialist (polio communication) identifies and disseminates relevant statistical information/results of the polio communication Situation Analysis to international, national, zonal, state and local levels.
- Participates in the development of the polio data collection work plan and ensures compliance to specific assigned objectives. Provides guidance and support to staff.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advanced university Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics , Demography or Public Health along with real time experience in communication/social data management with emphasis in research/data collection methodologies, data analysis, monitoring and evaluation. Knowledge of GIS software, e.g. Health Mapper, Action for the Rights of Children (ARC) View, Expanded Information on Immunization (EPI-Info), new technology platforms for data collection and analysis; and interactive digital media.
- First university degree with additional two-years of relevant work experience is acceptable in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Eight years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in the development, planning and management of research functions in social/international development programmes, with practical experience in managing data collection, analysis and dissemination processes to specific programmes.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in a second UN language or a local working language of the duty station would be an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Communication [ III ]
- Working with People [ II ]
- Drive for Results [ II ]
- The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
Application Closing Date
28th Janaury, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online