Scholarship Description: The University of Otago is offering Alexander Leith Bagpipe and Drum Scholarship. The Scholarship is open to intending students who are planning to enrol for study in the first year of a Bachelor of Music degree at the University of Otago.
Scholarship Provider: The University of Otago is a collegiate university located in Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand. It scores highly for average research quality, and in 2006 was second in New Zealand only to the University of Auckland in the number of A-rated academic researchers it employs.
Degree Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Graduate degree program.
Availale Subject: Scholarship is awarded to study in Music.
Scholarship Benefits: Up to $3,000 towards the cost of tuition fees for the first year of study at the University of Otago.
Number of Scholarships: Only one scholarship is available.
Eligible Nationalities: The scholarship is available for New Zealand citizens.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be:
- Planning to enrol for study in the first year of a Bachelor of Music degree at the University of Otago in the year following the close date.
- Planning on specializing in a music performance paper in Scottish piping or drumming.
- The first degree from a recognized university and academically talented, disadvantaged based on the criteria of disability, socioeconomic status, and are not engaged at work at all or have been engaged at work but couldn’t able to cover their study expenses will be eligible for the scholarship.
- Have financial difficulty to finance graduate university education and,
- Have leadership/community giveback experience or potential.
Application Procedure: Every applicant must:
- Submit an application on the prescribed form to the University of Otago Scholarship Office nos later than 1 December of the year preceding that of intended tenure of the scholarship.
- Arrange for a reference from their music tutor regarding the applicant’s potential (on the prescribed form) to be forwarded to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 December.
- Outline (on the application form) their all-around academic ability, and other interests outside of music, including evidence of community involvement and/or ability to engage in the community.
- Submit with their application form a statement of up to 500 words outlining why they have chosen their program of study at the University of Otago and what they see as the benefits of this university study.
- Submit their NCEA Level 2 Results Notice or equivalent assessment documentation with their application form, or evidence of being 20 years or over.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview either in person or by teleconference, and the University will meet reasonable expenses associated with participation.
Deadline: December 1, 2018
See: How To Secure Post Graduate Admissions Abroad. We Appreciate your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about what you want, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. See SEE: How to Study Online University in Nigeria
See Also: How To Prepare For Student Scholarship Examination & How to Get Canadian Scholarships For Nigerian Students also Check: Study Abroad Agencies in Nigeria And Their Contacts and How to Secure Post Graduate Admissions Abroad
Check Current List of Online Courses in Nigeria Meanwhile, do not forget Hot School News will be there for you all through the journey. So ensure you visit regularly for updates regarding the Visa Lottery Application.
Share this information with your friends. Also feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this Page Don’t forget to like us on Facebook Page