VUT Admission Form 2018: VUT Application/Requirement Full Detailed
Vaal University of Technology Admission Form Vaal University of Technology is a tertiary institution in South Africa. It attracts students from all over the country. It is one of the largest residential Universities of Technology, with about 15,000 students, 300 programs, all primarily taught in English. The campus and facilities are conducive to learning, research, recreation and sport, art and culture, and community service.
VUT Admission Form 2017
The campuses have lecture halls, laboratories, a number of auditoriums and office space situated on 46 000 square meters. Four Satellite campuses extend the services of the University, at Secunda, Kempton Park, Klerksdorp and Upington. Besides the four faculties, various departments serve its students, catering for their needs.
REQUIREMENTS for VUT Admission Form
The minimum entrance requirements for admission to study at the Vaal University of Technology are a Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification. A pass mark is required in at least one of the languages of instruction (English) of the University at Higher Grade (HG) or Standard Grade (SG).
If an applicant offers an N3 qualification as an entrance requirement, it should comprise at least four subjects, plus pass marks in two official languages (of which one must be English), at least at Senior Certificate level (SG).
Additional requirements are specified for each course/ instructional programme. Prospective students must please note that in the faculties of Engineering, Applied and Computer Sciences the minimum required symbol for Mathematics, Physical Science, and in certain cases English, are HG (E) or SG(C).
In the other Faculties and pending the course you want to enroll for, the average recommended subjects are: Accounting, Business Economics, Economics, Mathematics, Typing, Biology, Home Economics, Art, Physical Science, Clothing and Needlework.
Degree courses: Admission requirements regarding post diploma and degree studies are available on request.
All applications will be selected on merit by the department concerned. A candidate who is at least 23 years of age may apply for conditional admission.
The Candidate’s application must be accompanied by the following:
- Certificate stating formal qualifications.
- Recommendation from the applicant’s employer stating that he/she has the necessary experience and communication abilities to complete the proposed instructional programme successfully.
- If an application is conditionally approved, the candidate shall only be admitted to the second semester/year of study, provided that the full first year/semester course has been completed successfully.
- Non South African certificates must be evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (Phone +27 (12) 431 5000) and submitted together with this application.
- The address is: SAQA, Postnet Suite 248, Private Bag X06, Waterkloof, 0145, South Africa.
- Website: www.saqa.org.za.
- Closing dates for submission of application forms: For January registration 31 October.
- Failure to submit a valid study permit on day of registration will result in the applicants forfeiting their place and all monies paid to date.
- Late application forms will not be accepted or processed.
- Selection will be based on the points obtained according to the following points rating schedule, together with bonus points and limitations as indicated.
|SUBJECT SYMBOL||Points rating|
|A (80% and over)||8||7|
|B (70% to 79%)||7||6|
|C (60% to 69%)||6||5|
|D (50% to 59%)||5||4|
|E (40% to 49%)||4||3|
|F (33% to 39%)||3||2|
|FF (30% to 32%)||2||1|
- REMARKS: Minimum points rating: The general minimum points required (maximum of 6 subjects) are 26.
- Bonus points:
A bonus of 1 or 2 points could be allocated for each compulsory or recommended school subject as indicated for each discipline. (Refer to further particulars as indicated and applied by individual Academic Faculties of the University).
Placement tests: Heads of Department (Academic) may expect applicants to complete a placement test before finally considering an application.
- Applicants not in possession of their final (senior) certificate can use their latest exam (Grade 12 Senior Certificate eg. June) results and be approved conditionally. Final Senior Certificate results (Grade 12) must be submitted on registration day.
HOW TO APPLY for VUT Admission Form
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in the application cycle. We urge you to apply as soon as you get your Grade 11 final results. The initial selection at VUT is based on your Grade 11 final marks or your most recent Grade 12 marks. You will only receive a firm offer once they have evaluated your final Matric marks. To study at VUT, you will need to have either a NSC or Matric certificate or else the N3 certificate (minimum average of 60%).
Step 1: Get your application form.
- Online Application: Undergraduate and postgraduate applicants use the same online application process.
- Hardcopy Application:
This option is only available to undergraduate applicants. Postgraduates need to apply online.
You can post your application to:
Main Campus (Vanderbijlpark)
Andries Potgieter Boulevard
Private Bag X021
Step 2: Complete your application form in full.
*Remember you’ll need an email address.
Step 3: Attach all supporting documents.
Step 4: Complete a student accommodation form if you need to.
Step 5: Find Funding.
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about Vaal University of Technology Admission, kindly subscribe with your email address to our newsletter.
Searches related to VUT Admission Form
vaal university of technology online application 2018
vaal university of technology its
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Google plus.